My family has a BIG problem when it comes to carbs. We LOVE bread, pasta, and anything with unhealthy carbs. However, we only eat these meals when we have very active or busy weeks, or if we are short on time (this is STILL better than fast food).
These Pepperoni & Cheese Crescent Rolls are pretty dang good! Filled with pizza sauce, mini pepperonis, and shredded cheese, they are tasty on their own or dipped in ranch or melted garlic butter! We have eaten this on movie nights with a salad, or as a mid-afternoon snack after a day at the lake or pool. The kids (and husband) gobble this stuff up!!
Unfortunately, I do not have any recent pictures of this creation. But the recipe is very straightforward and easy!
Pepperoni and Cheese Crescent Rolls
- 1 regular size can of crescent rolls (not the “mini” ones)
- pizza sauce or marinara
- mini pepperonis
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- garlic powder
- parmesan cheese
- italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- On a LIGHTLY floured surface roll out crescent rolls into triangles.
- Spread pizza sauce or marinara across all triangles.
- Top with mini pepperonis, mozzarella cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Roll each triangle into a crescent (start in the middle on the wide, flat side and roll toward the point of the triangle. Make sure it is rolled up tight enough not to let the toppings fall out.
- Place on parchment lined pan. Spread melted butter over crescent rolls, then top with garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and italian seasoning.
- Bake in a 375 deg oven for 11-13 min, or until golden brown. Serve with Ranch or more pizza sauce!
I actually just found a recipe for homemade crescent roll dough and it looks pretty good. I’m going to try that recipe out in a few days and then I will update this post after I try it with the homemade and compare the two. Like I said, this is a very quick, easy, simple recipe to whip up for snacks or a very quick dinner.